So I definitely can’t say I’m a good critic for TV shows seeing as I work at a movie theater 5 days a week and go to school which, in combination, entails early bed times and some responsibility as a student, BUT what I can say is that I really like House of Lies on Showtime. Don Cheadle impresses me even more than normal and Kristen Bell is definitely more than entertaining. 30 Rock is also ever-lasting entertainment, but who doesn’t know that already?
30 Day Drawing Challenge
I found this on stumbeupon and it seriously got me the most excited I’ve been about something for my own personal enjoyment in as long as I can remember!
Please be warned, drawing is NOT my forte. I actually really hate drawing because everything I draw doesn’t ever look the way I want it to, but for some reason, I saw this and really wanted to try it.
I can’t remember the last time I drew myself. But I do remember drawing myself for the cover of my 7th grade Bottle Biology report and thinking “I hope I get this back because this is the BEST drawing of myself I’ve ever done!”
A few things I’ve learned since turning 21:
1.I am deathly afraid of getting another hangover like the one after my birthday. I was so hungover, my mother had to drive me to DVC so I could plead with my teacher to allow me to skip one class so I wouldn’t have to take a final in order to go home and attempt to hydrate/sleep. This is a result of a Scooby Snack, a Red-Headed Slut, a pineapple and rum and a Mai Tai in combination with going to bed at 2 AM, with needing to leave for school at 7:30. I woke up twice in between to get sick…yeah. Sugar is the enemy.
2. Thanks to my friends Bethany and Shelby, a vodka-tonic is my go-to drink. Plus, it’s not all sugary and sissy sounding. Not to say those sissy-sounding, sugary drinks aren’t good; I just don’t feel comfortable ordering them in a place like Farrington’s. Not to mention the sugary drinks are a lot of calories. And I don’t think people realize this. I’d rather eat 320 calories of food than drink it.
3. After waiting nearly two months of dying to try one, I had an Appletini and I didn’t like it. The best part of it was the cherry.
4. John Daly’s are delicious. For those of you who don’t know what it is, it’s an Arnold Palmer with vodka. I had two in one night…I guess this isn’t pushing the sugar limit in my book. Also, I’m not sure if there was any alcohol in the one I ordered at Brogan’s…it was too busy to ask, so I just drank it.
5. Adjusting to beer is harder than it seems it would be. Everyone says it’s an acquired taste like coffee only you can’t wean yourself off the cream and sugar because…it’s beer. And you just have to drink it. Don’t worry, I’ll keep trying.
6. Dave and Buster’s is not such a horrible idea/place, but don’t expect much in the food department.
7. Cucumber martinis are scrumptious. And so are Pina Coladas. And Dirty Shirleys.
8. NOT scrumptious drinks are Tokyo Teas and sometime’s Adioses. Highlighter green and blue blaaaah. To be fair, I haven’t had actually ordered either, I’ve only tasted.
9. Although not advised, a really good way to get drunk is to be a little bit dehydrated.
10. Greasy food is divine during or after drinking. It somehow always manages to hit the spot. And I always seem to be craving pizza; seemingly, not many places are open late enough to get any.
I still don’t know much, but I am more than willing to do the research!